Astrea Snail (Turbo fluctuosa) The Astria Snail is a very good algea eater for the aquarium. These snails will keep the tank very clean and algea free. They cannot right themselves so placement is critical when they arrive. Very easy to care for and a very reef safe snail.
- COMMON NAME: Astrea Snail
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Tectus tecta
- SIZE AVAILABLE: ~1/4 inch
- MINIMUM TANK SIZE: 20 gallons
- CARE LEVEL: Moderately easy
- REEF SAFE: Yes
*The astrea snail requires SLOW drip acclimation and water parameters that are pristine. Even slight traces of nitrates can be harmful to the astrea snail.
*The astrea snail can not right itself when toppled over, so careful attention to placement in tank must be shown.